Security Installation Technician (SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE) - Military Veterans
at Johnson Controls, Inc.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create the purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people - you bring your talent, and we'll give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HAS)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And More!
What you will do
As a critical part of the team, the Commercial Installer works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their Integrated Security fire and security systems. The Commercial Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary.
How you will do it
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follow proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May manage installation teams on larger projects.
- Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
What we look for
- A high school diploma or GED
- Some technical school training is a plus.
- 3+ years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Must have a Michigan or Ohio Fire License.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here .
A GLOBAL LEADER
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.