Surgical Pathologist, College of Medicine - Military Veterans
at University of Cincinnati
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Cincinnati includes accomplished physicians, research scientists, clinical laboratory scientists, and administrative, technical, and clerical staff who support our work. Faculty have membership in three divisions: Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, and Experimental Pathology. We host a thriving residency program and a graduate educational program in Pathobiology and Molecular Medicine, shared with the Department of Internal Medicine. Our faculty also provide important support to medical student and graduate student teaching.
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Cincinnati (UC) is searching for an academic Surgical Pathologist to participate in several surgical pathology subspecialty services that align with the candidate's interests. Fellowship training or experience in surgical pathology is desired. This position can also include participation in autopsy, cytopathology, and molecular pathology services as options. Resident and fellow teaching is expected, and collaborative research opportunities are abundant.
Salary and academic rank are commensurate with experience. The UC Medical Center is a leader in healthcare in the community, and Cincinnati is a vibrant city that is nationally ranked among the best places to live in the US based upon desirability, value, job market, and quality of life.
- Participation in surgical pathology case review and interpretation, with preparation of diagnostic pathology reports.
- Provision of consultations to other types of physicians regarding diagnoses and medical implications.
- Partake in on-call coverage.
- Participation in multidisciplinary conferences aligned with clinical service responsibilities.
- Teaches Pathology Residents, medical students, and fellows.
- Attend sectional/divisional/departmental meetings and educational events, as assigned.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Must have all of the following prior to effective date of appointment:
- Medical degree (MD or DO or equivalent degree).
- Completion of a 3-year residency in anatomic pathology or a 4-year residency in anatomic and clinical pathology, in an ACGME-accredited residency training program.
- Licensure by the State of Ohio Medical Board.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Dani S. Zander, MD, MacKenzie Chair of the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE
Surgical Pathologist, College of Medicine
Date: Dec 4, 2023
Cincinnati, OH, US
Facility: Main Campus
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Pathology, Laboratory, Internal Medicine, Cell Biology, Healthcare, Science, Research