Stotz Equipment is looking for a Small Engine Repair Technician. As a hands-on Service Technician, you will diagnose, look up parts, quote and repair new & used customer and dealer Ag and Golf equipment. You will have the opportunity to repair or service lawnmowers, riding lawnmowers, zero turn riders, and utility vehicles just to name a few. You will be diagnosing fuel related problems, warranty repairs, hydraulics, and electrical problems. Work must be completed safely, professionally, and in a timely manner. We are seeking an individual with a great attitude, highly motivated with the service experience to back it. If you're the kind of person who strives to do great work, excels in creative team environments, and lives for problem-solving this is the place for you.
What You'll Do
- Repair and maintain small engines, large lawn equipment, mowers, tillers, and other related vehicles and equipment.
- Responsibilities include diagnosing small engine problems
- Clearly explain (if called upon) to the customer's satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in question.
- Continually seek both technical and product training when available.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, improve and promote quality, and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Observe all safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Treat management and other employees with respect and contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Follow instructions and promptly respond to management direction.
- Work with integrity, always upholding company values.
- Perform related responsibilities/accountabilities as required or directed
name='qualifications' class=' row' aria-label='Qualifications'>
class='row formRowStandard ' id='jobQualifications-row'>
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.