Sr Business Development Mgr - Energy Solutions - Military Veterans
at Constellation Energy
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200 company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our future. Combining next generation technologies and product offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals. Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22 percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services, and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities. We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and power a successful career.
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and much more.
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future. Energize your career with Constellation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
We are seeking a consultative, financially oriented, solutions-based Senior Sales Executive to identify and close customer focused energy efficiency and sustainability-based project solutions.
The Senior Sales Executive will proactively identify, qualify, develop, and close new business opportunities within a defined geographic territory and associated vertical market(s). The focus of this sales-based position is the development and implementation of integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability project engagements for existing facilities with a primary focus on school districts, higher education, healthcare, institutional, federal, state and local government.
The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for organic revenue generation by securing and delivering signed project engagements.
Expected salary range of $114,300 to $127,000, varies based on experience, along with comprehensive benefits package that includes bonus and 401(k).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engages prospects to articulate and position the overall value associated with an integrated, performance-based energy and sustainability-based project solution for customer facilities by aggressively qualifying the prospect and opportunity.
- Develops and implements market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business with target accounts, prospects and key decision makers
- Leverages existing market contacts and relationships to drive direct and indirect prospecting and business development.
- Facilitates customer meetings clearly articulating and positioning Constellation&rsquos value proposition and areas of differentiation
- The ability to proactively motivate decision makers by developing and delivering compelling customer centric presentations.
- Establishes the overall sales strategy for each customer engagement. Horizontal management of all internal functional teams ensuring all project deliverables align with the established sales strategy while addressing the customer needs and expectations.
- Establish and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with achievement of annual sales quota
- Deliver signed project implementation contracts to achieve annual sales quota
- Develops the reputation as the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Expert within your market through ongoing customer interaction and speaking opportunities combined with strategic participation in key trade shows, conferences, seminars, trade associations and networking opportunities.
- Documented history of developing and closing complex, solution based, financially oriented project engagements exceeding $10,000,000 in project-based revenue
- Direct sales experience successfully originating new business within at least one of the following industries: energy efficiency/sustainability, mechanical contracting (design/build), , consulting engineering, architecture, original equipment manufacturer, and/or financial services
- Possesses an established &ldquoC&rdquo Level contact base within school districts, higher education, healthcare, institutional, federal, state or local government
- Ability to develop, cultivate, maintain and leverage contact networks and business relationships
- An expert in lead generation, prospecting, qualification and opportunity cultivation
- Proficiency in penetrating and navigating executive level stakeholders and decision makers
- Possess conceptual selling skills accompanied by a strong financial/business acumen
- Successful track record of effectively developing and managing a large sales territory
- Experience managing sales cycles in excess of twelve (12) months
- Demonstrated success in originating, negotiating and closing complex business transactions
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Ability to work independently not requiring daily direction
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and across corporate functional teams
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are the nation’s largest producer of carbon-free energy and the leading competitive retail supplier of power and energy products and services for homes and businesses across the United States. Headquartered in Baltimore, our generation fleet powers more than 20 million homes and is helping to accelerate the nation’s transition to clean energy with more than 32,400 megawatts of capacity and annual output that is 90 percent carbon-free.
Already the lowest carbon emitter of any major investor-owned U.S. generator, we have set a goal to eliminate 100 percent of our greenhouse gas emissions by leveraging innovative technology and enhancing our diverse mix of hydro, wind and solar resources, paired with the nation’s largest carbon-free nuclear fleet.
Our family of retail businesses serves approximately 2 million residential, public sector and business customers, including three-fourths of the Fortune 100. We are helping these customers reach their own climate goals through innovative clean energy solutions, including an upcoming, new 24/7 carbon-free energy matching product.
To further advance the fight against the climate crisis and accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future, we have set own ambitious climate goals, including:
- 95% carbon-free electricity by 2030
- 100% carbon-free electricity by 2040
- 100% reduction of operations-driven emissions by 2040
- Providing 100 percent of our business customers with customized data to help them reduce their own carbon footprints.
As we work towards these goals, we will continue to serve as a leading supporter of our communities through workforce development programs; philanthropy; volunteerism; and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives; while maintaining the highest standards of corporate governance.