Lawn and Garden Service Technician - Military Veterans
at John Deere
ReportsTo: Service Manager
Performsbasic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-ownedturf equipment.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on turf equipment
- Participates in Service Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of turf equipment
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
- Must have reliable attendance
- Ability to use basic computer functions
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Monday - Friday: 7 am to 5 pm
Saturday: 7 am to 12 pm (rotation)
Mount Horeb, WI
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.