Compact Construction Equipment Sales - Military Veterans
at John Deere
Sells and rents new and used compact construction equipment in a designated territory.
- Represents the company for the sale of new and used machinery to customers
- Grow assigned territory sales and market share
- Grow assigned territory rental revenue
- Maintain current knowledge of wholesale used equipment values
- Regularly travel and interact with customers in designated territory to support retail sales as well as aftermarket business (parts & service)
- 2-4 years in agricultural or construction equipment sales/rental experience preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Must be energetic and a self starter
- Ability to cold-call customers and grow market share in new markets
- Bachelor's degree in business field preferred
- Ability to analyze/interpret/run basic sales report
- Valid Driver's License
- Authorized to work in the US
All positions require pre-employment screening.
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.