This individual will provide leadership in motivating, managing, and evaluating Service Technicians. The Service Manager will efficiently coordinate, schedule, and manage Service Technician's time, while maintaining the work order process. This role will also communicate with the customer in regards to quotes, job status, and scheduling. This management role will coordinate activities with other departments to best serve the needs of the customer and employees.
Specific Duties Include:
- Demonstrate leadership in day-to-day management of the Service Technicians under their direction.
- Assign and schedule jobs and work areas to Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
- Coach, mentor, and communicate job expectations to service department team members.
- Lead and take ownership of management responsibility relating to hiring, performance management and overall people management with assigned Service Technicians.
- Effectively utilize the service scheduling and Ewalk tools to properly manage the flow of the work order process to completion. (customer, internal and warranty)
- Follow and understand all of our manufacturer partner's guidelines, processes and expectations.
- Review and approve the daily timecards for employees.
- Proactively seek customer feedback, anticipate problems and respond promptly.
- Respond and follow up with employee issues and/or concerns.
- Review and process all repair work orders for accuracy and completeness concerning parts, materials, labor, and approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
- Assist and support all aspects of the service department in support of the responsibilities of the Service Operations Manager.
- Responsible for facilitating proper annual employee reviews, 1:1 meetings and quarterly Career Path Level (CPL) meetings.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership's area of responsibility.
- Maintain and demonstrate the knowledge of the RDO Equipment Co. Service operations and procedures model.
- Effectively utilize company provided tools, i.e. Work Order Scheduler, Ewalk, Precise, DTAC, Service Advisor, Service Advisor Remote etc.
- Handle warranty claims, including computation of charges, partner with the Central Warranty Department on the submission and follow-up of all warranty claims.
- Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly open-book meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members.
- Foster an engaged work environment within the location/s, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork, and a commitment to serving the customer.
- Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term relationships with customers.
- Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the community is consistent with RDO Equipment Co. Core Values, and that business relationships with all stakeholders are not compromised.
- Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources.
- Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and are continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Technical knowledge
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school and/or technical school education preferred
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.