This person will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to advance into a sales role within RDO Equipment Co. They will learn RDO Equipment Co. processes and procedures used throughout the organization including an understanding of the Parts, Service, Sales, and Management departments. Upon successful completion of the Access Your Future Sales Trainee program this person will transition into a role that best suits their talents, interests, and the needs of the organization.
Specific Duties Include:
- This position will rotate through temporary assignments in the dealership in order to obtain a complete picture of day-to-day duties and responsibilities of all departments and the importance of teamwork within our dealerships.
- Day-to-day duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to; learning relationship development, sales skills, product knowledge, inventory management, company computer systems, processes and procedures.
- Perform any other special duties as requested by field management or other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate a willingness and interest to participate in our Customer Engagement Experience philosophy, and continually display passion around the principals outlined.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.