Horicon Skilled: Mechanical Machine Maintenance - Military Veterans
at John Deere
You have selected a Horicon Skilled Trades- Machine Maintenance position.
Machine Maintenance employees perform all mechanical maintenance and repairs to production equipment in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. They must troubleshoot and repair a variety of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems following strict safety practices and OSHA regulations. In addition they are expected to perform one or more of the following:
-Analyzes machine failures, overhauls, dismantles, adjusts, and makes general repairs to machines, machine tools and mechanical equipment which require accurate alignment and fitting to close limits.
-Builds or completely rebuilds machines, machine tools and mechanical equipment to new machine tolerances, redesigning, realigning and making any required new or replacement parts.
-Inspects and checks machines, machine tools and mechanical equipment, makes out inspection report as to condition of same and what major repairs are necessary in the near future in order to assure that repair parts are available when needed.
Why Work at John Deere? Why Work anywhere else?
If you strive to do great work, excel in creative environments, thrive in teams, and live for problem solving - this is the place for you.
At John Deere, your ideas, experiences and values matter.
Please see below for a summary of the value of your John Deere career and total rewards available to you to support you and your well-being.
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits
- Well being - Physical and Mental Healthcare
- Paid Holidays & Competitive Vacation Packages
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Rebate Program & numerous discount programs for personal use
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We at John Deere are passionate about finding a way to give back to those who have served our Country. Working for a John Deere dealership or factory is bigger than just a job. It's growth in oneself, on a path to achieving all you hoped to accomplish. It's pride in your community, from the first customer you serve to supporting the community. It's knowing that what you do helps to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It all starts with you. Starting here. Starting now!
Interested in joining the industry's best? At John Deere, veterans will find:
• A higher sense of purpose – helping those the farmers and infra-structure workers that feed and shelter the world
• A team-based environment focused on supporting the customer
• A never-ending desire for continuous improvement - We are looking for leaders, change agents, different perspectives
• Market leading pay and benefits
John Deere actively welcomes transitioning active duty service members to participate in internship opportunities at our dealership and factory locations across the United States. Timing of the internship is mutually agreed upon between the service member, her/his commander. Potential opportunities include:
• Dealer technicians – Nationwide opportunities
• Factory production roles at 16 major facilities– assembly, welders, machinists, skilled trades
• Support roles – IT, supply chain, logistics, engineering, human resources
How to apply:
Check out our open opportunities to the right for more information and to apply.
Once you click ‘Apply Now’, John Deere will receive a notification with your information. In order to be considered for next steps, please make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once John Deere reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
Discuss Your Career Options with a Veteran at John Deere Today!
All interested service members and veterans can learn more and fill out a contact card at https://www.deere.com/MilitaryCSP. We will connect you with a John Deere veteran to discuss all potential options/matches.