PPG Industries AUS - Welshpool Store
As a Store person, you will be responsible for providing an outstanding service to customers within our Welshpool branch. you will report to Branch Manager, Working time from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. No weekends or public holidays. To provide a high level of customer service and support in meeting customer needs (over the counter sales & phone sales). Assisting with warehouse functions as required. Versatility is vital to the role in terms of being able to adapt to changing branch and customer needs, and changing work practices within the organisation.
• Professional manner both in person and on the phone.
• Efficiency of dealing with customer issues.
• Liaise with Credit Department with regards to customer accounts.
• Order entry - multiple types including Quotes, OTC, Standard, No Charge, Samples and Returns.
• Investigation of inventory issues to satisfy customers.
• Processing of Credits and correspondence to customers.
• Pack, label & assemble orders for delivery.
• Unpack, check & put away replenishment product as required.
• Support customer requests for products or information relating to products as required.
• Solve customer problems including sourcing expert advice from within PPG as needed.
• Orders packed & made ready for despatch to customers on time.
• Process orders and collate appropriate paperwork.
• Replenishment orders checking and put away within 24 hours of receipt.
• Customer orders processed and receipted in accordance with PPG processes and policies.
• Ensure the warehouse area is always clean and tidy.
• Ensure the facility is maintained in accordance with 5S principles and in adherence to EHS requirements.
• Inventory management and reconciliation.
• Process over the counter customers sales and service.
• All computer related tasks (inventory adjustments, stock ordering, receipting, invoicing and manifesting).
• Manage workflow and employee direction within the warehouse.
• Cash sales reconciliation including daily banking procedures.
• Process customer credits.
• Occasional paint mixing.
• Compliance of all PPG policies and EH&S procedures.
• Any other duties as reasonably required
• Customer Service experience in a trade environment
• General warehousing skills.
• Forklift license preferred but not required
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a customer service / counter sales role
This job posting may have multiple locations listed. A successful candidate may work remotely and not be offered to relocate.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We make it happen.
We run it like we own it.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
A fortune 500 company named one of the “Worlds most Admired Companies” by Forbes magazine, PPG Industries provides added value to customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets through innovative coating and specialty surface products. PPG Industries is a leader in its markets and is excited to introduce new career opportunities to our nations veterans!
Our continued emphasis on the development of breakthrough products and processes, investment in highly productive manufacturing facilities and profitable global expansion combine to provide customers with the best services and products of the highest quality. We are committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for our employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Bring your unique military life experience to PPG!
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Comprehensive 401k Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Program
- Sick Leave
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a PPG Industries job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on PPG's career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once PPG Industries reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win an Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!