Installation Project Specialist - Los Angeles, CA - Military Veterans
The Installation Project Specialist is responsible for ensuring the highest quality installation of Getinge equipment by following manufacturer's instructions. The Installation Project Specialist will work closely with the Project Manager to coordinate all order activities. The Installation Project Specialist is responsible for attending customer meetings and verifying installation site readiness. Responsibilities also include scheduling installation resources as well as oversight of the 3rd party contractors.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Assist in the evaluation and certification of contractors.
- Develop non-standard cost quotes
- Act as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for Project Managers
- Conduct Pre-PO site inspections to identify any non-standard requirements.
- Conduct pre-installation site inspections to ensure installation site readiness. Represent company interests at pre-installation meetings. Interface with customers pertaining to work requirements and protocols.
- Ensure quality installation services at customer establishments in accordance with established procedures and techniques, using proper tools, test equipment, and components.
- Determine the appropriate staffing levels required for installations and schedule install staff.
- Provide direction on installation of Getinge products for both union and non-union contractors with onsite presence required when needed.
- Ensure all site labor is aware of site requirements (for example, working hours, safety equipment and training, reporting structure, etc.)
- Provide feedback to Project Managers on contractor progress and capability.
- Work closely with designated Project Manager on jobs to secure proper coordination of all installation activities.
- Perform installations when needed according to Getinge specifications and verify equipment operation per manufacturer specifications.
- Ensure equipment is fully operable for Service to complete Checkout and begin handling warranty calls.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures, as mandated by Getinge policies, customer/contractor requirements, and regulatory agencies.
- Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers, contractors, and all Getinge personnel.
- Maintain personal competence for meeting job responsibilities through effective use of product information and technical data provided by Getinge and others. Participate in training seminars, meetings, and on-the-job training programs.
- Accurately prepare and submit all required reports, within the timeframe specified.
- Maintain expenses and limits established by company policy.
- Promote company products and services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent (i.e. military training program), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated hands-on field experience, including ability to apply technical expertise and make judgments regarding systems and equipment of considerable complexity.
- Preferably 2 years' experience in an elevated field technical service level position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer literacy; familiarity with information technology concepts, personal computers, Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, diagnostic skills, and the ability to interpret blue prints and installation drawings.
- Must travel as required to customer. Must be able to operate an automobile (valid driver's licensed required). Extensive travel, by both vehicle and airplane (>85%) may be required depending on the location of projects.
- Must be able to interpret and manipulate data from computer-generated reports, software programs, and written correspondence.
- Must be able to safely and correctly manipulate and utilize required hand tools.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Start and end times for an 8 hour shift will flex to meet customer demands.
- Must be able lift 75lbs
Supervision/Management Of Others:
- Functional/technical supervision of outside contractors and service providers
Internal and External Contacts/Relationships
- Project Management
- Field Service management and employees
- 3rd party contractors
- Sales Support
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions
- Ensures environmental consciousness and safe practices are exhibited in decisions and work tasks
- Use of computer and telephone equipment and other related office accessories/devices to complete assignments
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles
- 75lb lifting requirement
- Must have valid drivers license and the ability travel domestically (potential for international travel)
- Travel 85%+ to project sites
Getinge is on an excitingtransformation journey constantly looking for new ways to innovate together with our customersto meet the healthcare challenges of the future. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and to sustainability with a goal to beCO2 neutral by 2025.We believe in giving our employees the flexibility they need and make every effort to foster a learning culture that supportstheirpersonal development andcreativity.Our passionatepeople hold our brand promise 'Passion for Life' close to heart.
Ifyoushareourpassionandbelievethatsavinglivesisthegreatestjobinthe world,thenwelook forwardtoreceivingyourapplication and resume. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most respected and trusted medtech company.
Getinge Infection Control
Getinge Infection Control (GETINGE) is one out of three business areas within Getinge AB, a publicly-listed, Swedish-based group of companies. The Getinge Infection Control business area consists of two divisions; Healthcare and Life Science. For the Healthcare sector, GETINGE provides solutions for infection control whereas for the Life Science sector, GETINGE is a key provider of solutions for contamination prevention.
Worldwide, GETINGE ranks among the leading providers of disinfectors and sterilizers within the healthcare and life sciences segments. Since its foundation in 1904, Getinge Infection Control has stood for innovation and technological progress in the field of disinfection and sterilization. Together with the other two business areas, Extended Care (ARJOHUNTLEIGH) and Medical Systems (MAQUET), the entire Getinge Group focuses on state-of-the-art medical technology.
The Getinge Infection Control organization is to be found all over the world, with 36 subsidiaries on six continents and over 230 distributors and partner companies in sales and service representing Getinge Infection Control.