Analyst - Nuclear - Military Veterans
at Argonne National Laboratory
This position is a entry to mid-level Intelligence Analyst for the Strategic Security Sciences Division. Intelligence analysts execute aspects of the Intelligence Program including providing DOE, other US Government policy makers, and the Intelligence Community with timely, accurate, high-impact intelligence analysis; ensure DOE's technical, analytical, and research expertise is made available; and provide specialized technology applications and operational support.
The Strategic Security Sciences Division at Argonne National Laboratory researches, develops, and implements practical approaches and technical solutions to address complex and enduring threats to national and global security and to enhance universal piece. In our work on Nonproliferation missions, we combine technical expertise in chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear science and engineering with specialized knowledge of nonproliferation policies and programs to develop practical approaches and technical solutions in achieving nonproliferation objectives.
Specific Duties include:
- Serving as researcher for projects analyzing scientific and technical topics of importance to the national security and intelligence community;
- Writing, editing, and applying best practices in analytic standards, methodologies, and tradecraft to produce in-depth, all-source intelligence reports, papers and assessments and serving as a guiding resource to other less experienced staff;
- Ingesting intelligence information to identify and evaluate importance, understanding the target audience, their issues of importance and nature of the information in written and oral forms.
- Proposing and implementing projects associated with the Intelligence Community and other work that uses classified information.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Subject matter expertise in one of the following areas: radiological/nuclear science/engineering, nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction, critical infrastructure, risk and/or vulnerability analysis
- Experience directing technical projects that employ intelligence techniques and analytical methodology
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community and the intelligence cycle, related directives and standards, Executive Orders and other regulation governing the safeguarding and dissemination of finished intelligence production
- Skills in written and oral communication and collaboration with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Skills in organization and time management with demonstrated ability to handle multiple stakeholders/priorities and experience meeting critical deadlines
- To perform the essential functions of this position successful applicants must provide proof of U.S. citizenship, which is required to comply with federal regulations and contract.
- Ability to model Argonne's Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience interacting with customers and management wielding significant influence
- Experience directing technical projects and tasks that employ intelligence techniques and analytical methodology
- Active Q clearance with SCI access
For consideration for this position, please upload a curriculum vitae and cover letter.
RD1: Bachelor's & 0 yrs or Master's & 0 yrs
RD2: Bachelor's & 5+ yrs, Master's & 3+ yrs or Doctorate & 0 yrs
Research Development (RD)
Intelligence Analysis 1
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Look at the world differently.
At Argonne, we view the world from a different perspective. Our scientists and engineers conduct world-class research in clean energy, the environment, technology, national security and more. We’re finding creative ways to prepare the world for a better future.
Interested in translating science into innovation? Build your career at Argonne.