Oil Free Equipment Sales Engineer - Military Veterans
at Atlas Copco
Quincy Compressor dares to be the leader in our industry, always breaking boundaries to offer more to our customers across the world. We have the courage to be different, to take on a challenge, and to be leaders in innovation by offering a diverse product portfolio. As an organization, our purpose is to build unbreakable relationships with our customers, partners and especially our employees. We are looking to add the right people who will support our company mission, vision and values. We are currently seeking an Oil Free Equipment Sales Engineer to join our team in the New Jersey or surrounding area.
Your mission as a Sales Engineer for Oil Free Equipment is to develop relationships with customers in your sales territory by creating value, continuously creating and following up on leads and opportunities that support business growth.
Your success in this role is determined by your ability to be customer oriented, while finding the most suitable value proposition for the customer. This position will require you to be highly organized, able to prioritize and collaborate with cross-functional teams.You will be responsible for developing a strategic sales territory, new accounts, opportunities and call planning. We expect you to be able to follow market trends and to challenge the status quo, looking for innovative solutions for an ever-changing customer and market scenario.
- Guide customers in designing compressed air solutions for their need and stay current on all Quincy product offerings
- Prospecting new and drifted accounts to generate revenue, effectively manage quote log and follow up as needed, develop relationships with key accounts in assigned territory
- Audit compressed air systems, present results and work with local utility company to process rebates for energy savings
- Support and grow local sub-distribution network
- Provide training to customers and sub-distribution as well as be able to troubleshoot current system
- Achieve Business Plan sales goals in Quincy Business categories including small and large rotaries, reciprocating compressors, accessories and aftermarket services
- Collaborate with other areas and sales teams and functions to develop opportunities and strategies to retain or recover lost customers
- Utilize business tools, such as Salesforce.com, CPQ (iQ2), ERP (BPCS), among others, to gather necessary customer information for quoting, follow-up and to record activities
- Process orders received, maintaining the integrity of the post sales process by acquiring the necessary PO, documentation, approvals and contract review process
- Provide feedback to sales and marketing teams on market activity, competition and other relevant information
- Conduct regular reviews with respective sales manager and team
- Actively contribute to team efforts, meetings and discussions
- Daily travel required in sales territory; some domestic travel required as needed
- Experience in the compressed air industry or with compressed air systems would also be a plus
- Experience with Oil Free projects and applications considered a plus.
- A bachelor's degree is desirable, in either management, business, administration, marketing, engineering or other technical specialization. Relevant related experience will be considered.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written skills a must
- Customer Focused: Must be customer oriented, able to understand customer needs and prioritize them accordingly
- Risk Taker: Able to take risks while still analyzing potential pitfalls of your actions
- Lead Yourself: Be self-motivated, willing to act while coping with varied workloads and be assertive and organized while demonstrating flexibility in day-to-day work
- Must be well versed in MS Office products, CRMs and database management
- 30-50% travel
- Accessibility to major city airport (HUB) - I.E. South region to Dallas or Houston, East Region to Charlotte, etc
Quincy employees are resilient and like to be challenged. We welcome new ideas and we are ready to challenge the status quo when it comes to solving problems. Our working environment is diverse, collaborative and moves at a fast pace. We aim to create a workplace where every individual is valued, proud, empowered, respected, developed and rewarded.
Our values are important to us - they're who we are, what we do and how we deliver the best experience to our customers, our organization and our community. Our commitment to the values of reliability, courage and resilience supports us in achieving our mission and they fuel our company vision.
If you are looking for an organization where you can be challenged, where you can learn new things, and even have a bit of fun while doing it, Quincy Compressor might be the place for you.
Quincy Compressor is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related decisions because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Job promotions at Quincy Compressor will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please call 251.937.5900. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco, we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind. Atlas Copco is based in Stockholm, Sweden, with customers in more than 180 countries. In 2019, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK104 (BEUR 10) and about 39 000 employees at year-end.
Our Employee Benefits:
Atlas Copco offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, and generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Health insurance/ Dental insurance/ Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Life & Disability insurance
- Salary based on knowledge, skills, and experience.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Atlas Copco job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on their career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on Atlas Copco's career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Atlas Copco reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!