Mfg. Eng. Calibration Technician - Military Veterans
at Atlas Copco
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more.
We're everywhere! Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow.
Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning. Interested in being part of our team?
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Are you interested in a career in the SEMICONDUCTOR INDUSTRY?
SIGN ON BONUS, TRAVEL ALLOWANCE
NOTE: A temporary travel allowance is available to help offset travels costs for those commuting from the Haverhill area to Chelmsford until the facility move is complete to Haverhill's new facility.
Exciting things are happening at Edwards Vacuum where we manufacture a wide variety of industrial vacuum pumps for the semiconductor industry! Currently based in Chelmsford MA, we are experiencing record sales and are preparing to move into a brand-new facility in Haverhill, MA in the November 2022 timeframe.
Haverhill offers beautiful sights and is located half-way between the City of Boston and the beautiful New England Seacoast (cityofhaverhill.com) (haverhillchamber.com).
As Edwards Vacuum Test Technician, you will be responsible for making sure products meet quality standards and function properly by assisting in testing methods that involve monitoring, assembling, improving, and manipulating a product to ensure it is in no way defective - this is performed against a standard set of test guidelines.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 4+ of hands-on experience working with machines, i.e., Machine tools (Mill, Lathe, Drill Press, testing with pumps, gauges, helium distribution manifolds, reading pressure sensors, etc.) in a manufacturing environment, while wearing PPE throughout the day (uniform, steel toe shoes, latex gloves, smock, mask. Understanding).
- Understanding and familiarity of LabVIEW and then we're moving to PLC (Siemen's ladder logic)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organization skills in terms of time management and prioritization in a dynamic factory setting
- Comfortable working with MFE in creative brainstorm sessions, seeking new manufacturing methods.
- Electrical and Testing and/or Welding experience (we can certify welding onsite if needed)
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued, and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.
Edwards Vacuum is part of Atlas Copco's Vacuum Technique business area.
Our talented team develops and manufactures cryogenic vacuum pumps and other solutions for customers large and small in the semiconductor industry. We offer a wide range of employee benefits as well as opportunities to build new skills and career growth. Working with us, you can expect a collaborative, respectful, family-like atmosphere where we lead with integrity and ethical behavior. You will have opportunities for growth and development, potential to make an impact, new challenges and learning opportunities.
Edwards Vacuum LLC hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with federal and state laws.
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco, we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind. Atlas Copco is based in Stockholm, Sweden, with customers in more than 180 countries. In 2019, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK104 (BEUR 10) and about 39 000 employees at year-end.
Our Employee Benefits:
Atlas Copco offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, and generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Health insurance/ Dental insurance/ Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Life & Disability insurance
- Salary based on knowledge, skills, and experience.
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Atlas Copco job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on their career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on Atlas Copco's career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Atlas Copco reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!