Diesel / Industrial Vehicle Mechanics - Military Veterans
at STS Aviation Group
STS Technical Services is hiring Diesel / Industrial Vehicle Mechanics in Savannah, Georgia.
Job Summary:Sign-On Bonus | Diesel / Industrial Vehicle Mechanic | Wheaton Are you someone who enjoys turning wrenches and is always up for a challenge? Want to work for a company where people appreciate what you do? Come give TICO a try. We are family-oriented and offer competitive wages. Pay is commensurate on your experience. At a minimum, applicants should have basic experience/knowledge regarding general vehicle maintenance. Diesel and heavy truck experience is a plus and on-the-job training is available for those who show interest in learning more. Even if you have limited experience in some of the areas listed below it is worth a conversation on how we can move forward together. Some of the different types of equipment worked on includes jockey trucks, over-the-road trucks, trailers, forklifts, and automobiles. So, there is sure to be something you would enjoy working on!
- Pass a background check and drug screen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to obtain a TWIC card.
- Read job orders, technical service bulletins, and benchmarked standards given by the manufacturer and observe and listen to truck in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures using charts, technical manuals, and experience. Importance must be placed on troubleshooting the problem with accuracy to avoid returns.
- Computer knowledge is a plus.
- Perform complete routine, diagnostic and post-repair inspections on vehicles.
- Perform regular servicing and maintenance of equipment, maintaining related service records.
- Knowledge of air brakes plus the ability to inspect, adjust, and repair the brake systems, as necessary.
- Examine specified safety devices/components on all vehicles and adjust or replace as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment, as appropriate.
- Align wheels and change tires as needed.
- Diagnose, repair, and tune diesel engines.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, vehicle computer systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Repair/Replace tractor component parts when and where necessary such as headlights, heaters, windshield wiper motors, belts, seats, windows, airlines, brake chambers, air valves, etc.
- Comply with all established industry safety norms and other quality measures while conducting work processes.
- Perform test drive to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Document work hours, parts utilized, and work performed.
- Comply with company/agency safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Wear required personal protection equipment during the performance of job duties.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package to our employees and their families which include health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K, vacation, and paid holidays.
- TICO is a Drug-Free Workplace.
About STS Technical ServicesSTS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
About STS Aviation Group
STS Aviation Group was founded in 1986, and over the past three decades, the company has grown to become a global powerhouse in the aerospace industry. With headquarters in Jensen Beach, Florida and offices around the world, our company provides a growing range of solutions to the global aviation industry. These solutions include component sales and distribution, workforce management, aircraft engineering services, line maintenance, and aircraft repair and modifications.
Over the years, STS Aviation Group has become widely known for its breadth of capabilities and customer-centric approach to helping airlines and aircraft operators meet their critical operational and people requirements all over the world.
To learn more about STS Aviation Group and what makes us the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” browse the pages of this website or give us a call today at 1-800-800-2400.