Science and Research Technician IV - Military Veterans
at ManTech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech Vallecitos Laboratory is located in Sunol, California, and is seeking a Science and Research Technician IV to work in the Sample Processing group. The laboratory performs materials characterization and related analytical services on commercial and government contracts. The activities of the group include isotopic, chemical and elemental analysis of materials on a production basis.
- Working in Gryphon’s ISO Class 5 cleanrooms, adhering to strict environmental and quality controls and standard operating procedures, and processing samples using specialized chemical methods and various micromanipulation techniques.
- General laboratory work to include safe handling of a variety of chemicals, cleaning and validating materials, and consumable preparation.
- When appropriate and approved, devise or modify analysis techniques and procedures to address new analytical requirements.
- Constructively interact with other staff scientists, engineers, and technicians.
- Assist the Sample Processing team leader with duties as required.
- Assist with quality assurance and performance improvement activities (ISO/IEC 17025:2017).
- Scientific or Technical Associates degree, with 2-5 years of relevant technical experience or a High School diploma and 3-5 years relevant laboratory or clean room experience.
- Sufficient physical dexterity to perform micromanipulation tasks required to handle small samples.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Able to self-motivate and work under little supervision.
- Established safe laboratory skills and exceptional aptitude for detailed record keeping.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to write clear scientific and technical reports.
- Ability to work under broad managerial direction.
- Team oriented with proven ability to communicate and work effectively within small groups.
One must have exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team.
Please note: Many of our positions require the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, candidates who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.The projected compensation range for this position is $65,700-$70,013. There are differentiating factors that can impact a final salary/hourly rate, including, but not limited to, Contract Wage Determination, relevant work experience, skills and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location (For Remote Opportunities), education and certifications as well as Federal Government Contract Labor categories. In addition, ManTech invests in it’s employees beyond just compensation. ManTech’s benefits offerings include, dependent upon position, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Retirement and Savings, Learning and Development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
In business for more than half a century, ManTech has provided advanced mission-focused technology solutions and services for every branch of the federal government: Intelligence, Federal Civilian and Defense agencies.
We solve their toughest homeland and national security challenges – cost-efficiently, at speed, where our customers are – land, sea, air, space, cyberspace and everywhere in-between.
Learn why government depends on ManTech – where mission-driven teams and continuously-evolving technology solutions set the industry standard in full-spectrum Cyber, Mission and Enterprise IT, Cloud, Analytics, Automation and AI, Intelligent Systems Engineering and Data at the Edge.
At ManTech, nearly 50% of our employees are veterans. To us, it’s personal. We know you because we are you. And with today’s veterans being among the most sophisticated warriors that the nation has ever had, we want you to join our mission, join our family. ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for the U.S. defense, intelligence community and federal civilian agencies. We know the value that military service instilled in you and what only veterans can offer to our sophisticated workforce.