Protection Systems Technician, Security Alarm & Camera Systems - Military Veterans
at University of Cincinnati
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today's possibilities spark tomorrow's reality.
Install, support, monitor, maintain and repair University electronic safety and security systems.
- Install, repair, replace, service and test various types of electronic equipment. Performs component-level repairs or makes modifications of equipment. May perform some fabrication of parts.
- Monitor systems participate in troubleshooting/problem determination and make hardware/software repairs or refer problem to appropriate party. Follow-up to inform department of current problem status and ensure issue is resolved.
- Perform system administration for electronic safety and security systems.
- Inspect equipment, perform preventive maintenance and provide appropriate documentation for maintenance activities. Monitor parts inventory and requests additional parts.
- Work closely with Planning + Design + Construction by reviewing building drawings and documents to provide suggestions and approval for electronic safety and security systems.
- Assist with project management by attending job meetings and provide system check out at end of installation.
- Interpret blueprints, sketches and layouts; determining amount of materials needed and time involved. Applies all pertinent codes.
- Provide system user training.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Vocational or technical training or degree in Electronic Technology or related field.
Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Must have current valid state operator's license with acceptable driving record.
- Must obtain/possess a current Ohio Fire License within one (1) year of employment.
- Must pass a complete background check and polygraph examination.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in installation and repair of digital electronic systems.
- Must be able to understand and interpret industry codes and standards.
- Must be able to safely and effectively use general hand tools and power tools.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Sitting - Continuously
- Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) - Continuously
- Hearing, listening - Continuously
- Talking - Often
- Standing - Often
- Walking - Often
- Bending - Seldom
- Stooping - Seldom
- Climbing stairs/ladders - Seldom
- Kneeling, squatting - Seldom
- Crouching - Seldom
- Crawling - Seldom
- Reaching overhead - Seldom
- Pulling, pushing - Seldom
- Hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts of machinery or tools used to perform work, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals.
- Outdoor Environment: Employees work outdoors and may not be protected from weather conditions.
- Atmospheric Conditions: Conditions that affect the respiratory system, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Close Quarters: Employees are frequently required to work in crawl spaces, shafts, manholes, sewage and water line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- Lifting - up to 20 pounds - Often
- Lifting - up to 50 pounds - Often
- Lifting - over 50 pounds - Often
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Protection Systems Technician, Security Alarm & Camera Systems
Date: Aug 22, 2023
Cincinnati, OH, US
Facility: Main Campus
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Testing, Wastewater, Electrical, Respiratory, Water Treatment, Technology, Engineering, Healthcare