Recruiting Internship-DOD SkillBridge (Remote) - Military Veterans
*Note: Currently accepting applications for the following start dates: 10/2, 10/23, 11/20, 12/4, 01/08/24, 1/29/24, 2/19/24, 3/11/24, 4/22/24, 5/6/24, 6/3/24, 7/15/23, 8/5/24, 9/2/24, 9/30/24, 10/21/24, 11/11/24, 12/9/24 and recurring start dates every 3-4 weeks following.
*This is a DOD SkillBridge internship opportunity. You must be a US Military Servicemember on active duty to apply (USA, USAF, USN, USMC, USSF, USCG) .
*Additional eligibility requirements apply IAW DODI 1322.29.
*You must complete your RecruitMilitary profile, upload a resume and apply for consideration.
RecruitMilitary (RM) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bradley-Morris, Inc. (BMI), the largest military-focused recruiting company in the U.S. We offer employers access to 1.5 million+ military job seekers through a combined service model; after discussing which jobs are a priority for our clients, our team coordinates a strategy to affect those areas of focus while employer hiring teams prepare to meet, interview, and assess applicants. Our approach includes recruiting services, live and virtual career fairs, a military-focused job board, employer insights, and more.
Our organization is comprised of 72% military families. All aspects of our business are built upon providing optimal results for the two customers we serve - organizations seeking to hire veterans and the veteran job seekers.
RecruitMilitary connects active service members, veterans, and their spouses with employers. With over 400,000 jobs available (and updated in real time), and over 16,000 military friendly employer partners, RM is the largest military focused recruiting company. RM connects employers with military job seekers via services that include contingency recruiting, military job fairs, a job board, employer branding, a military base publication, and more. Our organization understands the employment needs of our military community as our organization is comprised of 72% veterans and military spouses. All aspects of our mission are built upon providing optimal results for the two customers we serve - organizations seeking to hire veterans and job seekers within our military communities. RM has a strong sense of personal and professional investment in the success of our military job seekers. RM was awarded the Department of Labor's HireVets Medallion - Gold and is a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified company. Additionally, RecruitMilitary was awarded the Army’s Tactical Connection Contract after being vetted among other organizations such as LinkedIn.
Recruiting Internship Program Purpose & Outcome:
The purpose of this internship is to staff the Candidate Success Program. To deliver a top-notch experience to our candidates, RM has launched the Candidate Success Program. This service is for transitioning soldiers and will provide support with all services offered via RM. Services include job board navigation and search tips, completing the candidate profile, using the one-click application feature, job application support and in-person and virtual career fair registration. RM will provide eligible service members participating in our recruiting internship program with the training and opportunity to apply recruiting skills as a professional career option. The program provides recruiting profession training through a mix of virtual presentation-type training, professional development, and on-the-job training while performing duties as a Candidate Success Representative.
The primary objective is to provide eligible transitioning Service Members training in the field of recruiting, with a specific focus on supporting the employment needs of transitioning servicemembers (TSM), veterans and mil-spouses. Transitioning servicemembers will be trained on how to use the RecruitMilitary suite of tools to help other service members more effectively connect with employers. Each intern will be assigned a mentor who will steward through a 12-week training and mentorship program. The training, mentorship and experience assisting job seeking candidates work together to further enhance a Service Members’ marketability and to prepare them for a new career. The employment objective is to connect internship program participants with positions in recruiting or business development as well as other opportunities within our network of 16,000 employers that lead to job interviews for open positions.
On the Job Training: Employment & Recruitment skills training and subsequent practical applications in company operations, including work within the RM Candidate Success Program, (as a Candidate Success Representative – CSR) will prepare participants for employment in multiple fields including, recruiting, talent acquisition/management, and customer service. Training topics include:
• Develop knowledge base of translatable military skill sets & how they apply in the civilian work force.
• Learn how to assist veteran job seekers optimize their online profiles.
• Learn how to assist veteran job seekers identify and prepare for, career fairs and other recruiting opportunities.
• Develop a fundamental understanding of the recruitment lifecycle and the steps employers go through the source, screen, interview, hire, and onboard new talent.
• Develop a fundamental understanding of how to source candidates through omni-channel marketing (Social, referrals, networking, and internal databases.)
• Learn about the various software tools and resources that recruiters use in their day-to-day efforts.
Professional Development: Candidate Professional Development runs parallel with Employment and Recruitment Skills training. This portion of the program includes participation in professional development seminars, close work with individually assigned mentors from within the company and practical applications to ensure all interns are armed with the requisite knowledge skills and abilities to market themselves effectively and secure meaningful employment in the modern workforce. Developmental topics include:
· Development of effective personal and professional goals using the SMART model.
· Leveraging social media to effectively network in the digital environment for career success.
· Development of a coherent personal brand to effectively market the intern to potential employers.
· Use of digital and online tools for targeted job searches and networking.
· Creating resumes targeted to specific opportunities in specific fields of employment.
· Development of skills necessary for to secure, prepare for and succeed at job interviews and subsequent salary negotiations.
CSR Key Responsibilities
• Help job seekers properly complete their RecruitMilitary profile.
• Coach job seekers on most productive and efficient ways to maximize the RecruitMilitary career site.
• Help job seekers successfully register for career events with RecruitMilitary and our partners.
• Introduce our job seekers to appropriate key partners to assist with their career and life objectives. o Aid in development of hard and soft skills. o Direct candidates to the Military/ Veteran Employment Resource Center & refer them to Program Partners for additional support resources such as resume guidance, cover letters, interview preparation, using databases, career development resources, mentorship opportunities and more.
• Coach job seekers on the use of digital tools such as the online resume generator, job search features (MOS matching tool and job search filters) to ensure an outcome with relevant positions.
Skills, Requirements, & Qualifications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in, or strong interest in, providing customer service and helping others.
Track record of successfully absorbing training and applying it with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to carefully follow procedures and complete all assigned tasks in the allotted time.
• Demonstrated ability to train and lead others in following procedures/best practices and to complete tasks.
• Ability to empathize with other job seekers.
• High comfort level and proficiency with computers, website navigation, social media, and Microsoft Office software.
Position Logistical Information
• Candidate Success Representative (CSR) Internship is a 3–6-month program and will be a remote role.
• RecruitMilitary will provide the computer and phone equipment needed to complete the internship and perform in the role of CSR.
• Must have a professional, remote work environment conducive to regular phone conversations and video calls.
• Must have internet connectivity sufficient to support regular online work including computer utilization, VOIP phone conversations, and video calls.
• Intern is required to follow all SkillBridge program requirements in accordance with command and installation guidelines.
• All equipment provided will be shipped to the intern and, at the end of the internship, returned to RecruitMilitary at no cost to the participant.
RecruitMilitary is the top full-service military-to-civilian recruiting firm in the United States.
We use online and offline products to connect employers, franchisors, and educational institutions with men and women who are transitioning from active duty to civilian life, veterans who already have civilian work experience, members of the National Guard and reserve forces, and military spouses.
We serve veterans of all ranks, rates, and branches of the armed forces, and our services are free to all men and women who have a military background.