Pep Boys is driven by its promise to its customers, "We go further to help you go farther." Founded 100 years ago by military veterans, generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a national network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and 27distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people. More than seven million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to close America's skills gap. For more information, visit www.pepboys.com.
A Manager in Training is responsible for the effective overall operation of the store and service center through motivational leadership, and is responsible for delivering expected sales and customer Service throughout the unit; ensure the store and service center operates under safe conditions according to established policies and procedures and in compliance with federal and state regulations; provides technical, administrative, operational and motivational direction to develop a dynamic high performance team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sales, Profit and Productivity
- Customer Service
- Merchandise Presentation and Facility Maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation Skills
- Sound business sense
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Practical math skills
- Practical reading skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Minimum Educational and /or Experience Level
- Two years related experience in retail management, preferably automotive
- Completion of two-year college or technical school program
- Equivalent combination of education and experience with proven results
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
- Current, valid drivers license issued in state of residence
- Equipment Safety Certification
State College, PA
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout over 900 locations. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.