Systems Integrator-GEOINT Broker (TAE) - SME Level (5) (49347) - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented System Integrators interested in joining our team in Springfield, VA and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
GEOINT Broker Initiative has the need for an experienced systems integrator to oversee the development of mission capabilities and services to meet customer objectives. The Mission Product Oversight Support SME supports the USG customer in delivering oversight and direction of the Mission Support Integration’s (MSI) full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to meet the customer’s mission development requirements.
Reporting to the GEOINT Broker Project Lead, the Product Owner Support SME is accountable for supporting the Government Product Owner in establishing requirements and acceptance criteria to the software development teams. This individual will be responsible for establishing the practice of SaFE agile software practices across the development teams as well as for end-to-end systems engineering and integration, software engineering documentation, customer engagements, project management and enterprise coordination consistent with USG requirements.
The SME will oversee end-to-end systems engineering and integration and programmatic tasks to include: project management; baseline architecture / requirements / interface analysis and definition; Schedule analysis and definition; IT Engineering; Readiness; Integration; Test & Transition; and cross-project integration with dependent and non-dependent projects on behalf of the USG customer.
• Per customer direction, provides oversight and direction to implement customer vision to replace aging legacy systems with an Open System, Service-Oriented Architecture as developed.
• Plans strategic direction of future releases to meet program goals and integrates across all development teams
• Plans, develops and coordinates epic/features for future planning sessions with USG product owner.
• Supports Agile development software process, planning increments and sprint planning sessions and provides additional systems engineering support as needed.
• Ensures acceptance criteria are properly written and satisfied
• Runs scrum of scrums and supports design technical exchange meetings
• Ensure partnering, efficient solutions engineering and reuse first, Agile SE&I processes, leveraging tailoring & extending innovative approaches & cost-saving measures, applying industry standards
• Ensure project activities transparency & info sharing, informing NGA decision-making bodies, & directly facilitating collaborative, innovative, efficient, rapid solutions engineering capturing, publishing solution options, resolutions for future reference, NSG enterprise awareness
• Advocates current and future technology, and ensures the Project captures innovative tradecraft, lessons learned, and best practices
• Oversees and user needs to develop IT solutions, designing/implementing processes, new/customized capabilities/services for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency, applying principles and techniques of system management processes, engineering analysis, and IT development methodologies as appropriate
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• Master’s degree in engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience
• 15+ years of systems engineering, integration, or systems development experience, with a minimum of 10 years in the IC-Community
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to solve complex problems
• Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentation skills
• Advanced degree or certification in a technical field
• Demonstrated experience in engineering GEOINT data access, discovery, and retrieval
• Demonstrated experience in cloud technology with emphasis on distributed performance
• Demonstrated experience in Agile Systems Engineering & Integration
• Demonstrated knowledge of the NSG programs to include both legacy systems, as well as key concepts for future vision architecture (e.g., Cloud hosting, platform-as-a-service, and other IC ITE initiatives) and services (e.g., RTM, NCL, eXploit, and NGA Portfolio Initiatives)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of: Waterfall, Spiral and Agile development, acquisition, systems engineering, and development methods (User Story Generation, Sprint/Scrum Development, Development Back-log management, Test-Driven Development)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.